Citizenship by Investment | Malta
Malta enjoys a stable political climate and a bi-partisan political scene that is largely convergent on issues of national and economic importance. Malta and Germany were the only two states in the Euro Zone maintaining economic growth during the financial crisis. Malta's banks have been ranked amongst the top 5 soundest banks in the world. Malta has been a member of the EU since 2004 and of the Schengen Area since 2007. Citizenship obtained under this programme grants the rights of full citizenship for life and can be passed on to future generations by descent. Maltese citizenship grants access to all investment opportunities in Malta and throughout the EU open to Maltese and EU citizens.
LEGAL BASIS FOR MALTESE CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
Maltese Citizenship by Investment may be granted under an amendment passed in November 2013 to the Maltese Citizenship Act, Chapter 188 of the Laws of Malta. These amendments provided the framework for the enactment of LN 47 of 2014. The 'Malta Individual Investor Programme (MIIP) rules provide for affluent persons of impeccable standing and repute to be naturalised and to receive Maltese citizenship on the basis of a contribution to and investment in Malta.
- European Union citizenship within 1 year;
- Schengen residency within 2 to 5 days;
- Right to live, study, work, do business, retire, unite family;
- Citizenship handed down automatically to newly born;
- Education & Health-care: high quality, internationally recognised & acclaimed;
- Tax Residency: Source & Remittance based taxation only. No Wealth Tax. No Asset Reporting. No Inheritance Tax;
- Low minimum presence requirement;
- Visa free travel to 166+ Countries, inc. UK, US, CA.
ELIGIBILITY FOR MALTA CITIZENSHIP
The main applicant for Malta Citizenship by Investment must be at least 18 years of age. Eligible dependents include the spouse, children, parents and grandparents, under certain conditions.
'FIT AND PROPER' TEST
The Government of Malta is committed to the highest standard of due diligence to ensure only deserving and reputable applicants are allowed to proceed for the grant of Maltese citizenship. Applicants must demonstrate a clean criminal record, verified with the International Criminal Court, INTERPOL and other authorities.
CONTRIBUTION TO THE NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT & SOCIAL FUND
To qualify for Maltese citizenship by investment, the main applicant is required to contribute at least €650,000 to Malta. Of this contribution, 70 per cent will go into the Fund set up by the Government of Malta and run by a board of trustees. The rest goes to the consolidated fund. Spouses and children are required to contribute €25,000; unmarried children between 18 and 26 and dependent parents must contribute €50,000 each.
Applicants must show they do not suffer from a contagious disease or a health condition that could become a significant burden on the Maltese health system.
INVESTMENT IN BONDS OR SHARES
Applicants are required to invest at least €150,000 in Government approved bonds or €60,000 cash from time to time be kept for 5 years.
PROPERTY PURCHASE OR RENTAL
Applicants are required to make an investment in property of at least €350,000 or enter a property rental contract for at least €16,000 p.a, both on five year contracts.
- Legal fee for Maltese government immigration advocate 70,000 Euros
(a) 35,000 Euros During Submission
- Within a month World Citizen Equity Partners will send you to Malta for biometric.
- While staying in Malta, you will get residency in two to five days.
(b) You will pay 35,000 Euros Legal Fee Balance
- After completion of due diligence, in 20 days government contribution 650,000 Euros.
- Government bonds of 150,000 Euros.
- From the day of completion above, up to six months, the passport will be issued.
- Within submission of due diligence is 4 months to 6 months for provision to settle total amount.
- Real estate, purchase 350,000 Euros worth property or rent a property for 16,000 Euros per annum.
List of countries where citizens of Malta citizens can travel visa free or with on arrival visa facility:
|Antigua & Barbuda||South Africa||Greece|
|St. Kitts & Nevis||Maldives||Vatican City|
|St. Vincent & The Grenadines||Oman||OCEANIA|
|Trinidad and Tobago||Territories||Kiribati|
|Venezuela||South Korea||New Zealand|
|AFRICA||Thailand||Papua New Guinea|
|Burkina Faso||Solomon Isl.|
|Guinea-Bissau||Bosnia & Herzegovina|
|São Tomé and Príncipe||France||Sri Lanka|